Friday, September 15, 2006

They Answered My Email!


That's right. I got an answer, just a little later than I expected. I am going to post one of the answers verbatim, because I think it better than my paraphrase of the answer I got on the phone the day before. It's the answer to that question about why they reopen and close the offer from time to time. I think it is self-explanatory, so I present it here without further comment.
Stated as simply as possible, the total number of participating business associates tends to be in constant flux. Occaisionally we manage to reach the "quota" (goal) of 150 actively working, steadily-producing-merchandise business associates. At this point, no additional applicants are accepted ("closed"). For various reasons (usually poor or failing health, family/personal circumstance related reasons, etc.) some associates will drop-out over a period of time. Some will even cash-in their eligible refunds and "retire" from working their business. Then, our offer to accept new business associates will go out (re-open) again, as we try once again to build up our quota to the desired level. So, at that point, our offer becomes "open" again.

A Few Other Things

Another new associate (who, incidentally, received his course the same day we did) found a website that seems to be the answer to at least one complaint about the corporation. Before we purchased the course, we were told that they would show us how to get leads to call without it putting a dime on our phone bill. Maybe Zaken Corp won't like me to tell you this, but I'm going to anyway. The "secret" is ordering a directory of toll free numbers. However, this is now available for free on the Internet (I notified them of it, so they can include the link when they update the course). For any current associates (and anyone else that may have need of it), here's the link: http://inter800.com/

There are also lots of sources on the Internet. Just searching for certain catagories in Yellowpages.com has provided me with enough leads to keep me busy for several weeks, if not months. Even the local telephone book has some leads I can work with. I will probably start with them first.

It's looking better and better all the time. Now I just need to write a starter phone script and practise making it not sound like I am reading it, and I can start calling.

Also, for any associates out there, you may find this interesting, as well. Yesterday I printed 10 business cards on our printer, and I took one to work with me to show my co-worker. She looked it over and said it was very nice. Then she said, "Did you only bring one?" I said, "Yes, why?" "Because I know someone who I could give it to." "Then take it, of course!" So she took it.

On the way home, I did a brainstorm and thought that since she has lived here for a while, and since she used to be in business here, she just might have some connections that could help me. When I see her Monday, I'm going to ask if she would like to help me by distributing business cards. She would write her name on the back, and if anyone with one of the cards she referred contacts me and we land a deal, I'll give her a percentage of my commission as a thank you. Then I thought of someone else that might be able to do something like that, too. He actually lives in Mexico, but he's a retailer there, so I thought he might be able to make me a list of local exporters (from Mexico to the US), and I could offer him a similar deal. I might find others who could get me leads as well, and then I could write off (for taxs purposes) what I pay them as advertising.

Until next time........

2 comments:

The White Man said...

This is odd:
Zaken's 800 number isn't listed!

dieter91360 said...

This is VERY IMPORTANT: IF YOU WANT
TO HAVE ANY HOPE OF RECOVERING ANY
FUNDS TAKEN FROM YOU BY ZAKEN,CALL THE
FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION AT THIS
NUMBER,AND REPORT WHAT WAS DONE TO
YOU: 202 326 2830. Take care.